Bleeding Cool had previously reported that Todd McFarlane was involved with Stan Lee’s upcoming comic book-related project with Japanese rock star Yoshiki. And naturally they’ll be debuting the project at San Diego Comic Con.
Blood Red Dragon will launch at a panel discussion on the Thursday, in the Indigo Room from 1-2pm.
Published through Image, the book is described as focussing on
the origin of an ancient and benevolent force, locked in an epic battle with the dark armies of Oblivion. Creative expression and destiny collide, as once in a generation an individual is born with the potential to unlock the awesome might of the Blood Red Dragon, thus channeling a power beyond comprehension and assuming the mantle of Earth’s protector. When agents of Oblivion discover that the key to accessing the Blood Red Dragon’s energy lays in music – the melodic heart of the human spirit, they launch a series of violent attacks on musicians across the globe. As he performs in front of a large crowd during the opening show of a massive world tour, drummer and keyboardist Yoshiki comes face-to-face with his destiny, experiencing a transformation that will forever change his life – and possibly the fate of the world.
Expect a musical element. And an animation element. And a comics element, And a hype element,
- San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On Video: From One Side Of The Show To The Other - July 20, 2017
- Marvel Releases First Poster For ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Footage From Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle Shown At San Diego Comic-Con – Halle Berry Just Chugged Half A Glass Of Bourbon - July 20, 2017
- ‘Asterix’ Sets A 5 Million Print Run For Its First Printing - July 20, 2017
- Thought Bubble Anthology 2017 Features Jason Aaron, Jen Bartel, Cecil Castellucci, Brandon Graham, Jody Houser, Jason Latour, Emi Lenox, Simon Roy, Marley Zarcone (VISUAL UPDATE) - July 20, 2017