Bleeding Cool had previously reported that Todd McFarlane was involved with Stan Lee’s upcoming comic book-related project with Japanese rock star Yoshiki. And naturally they’ll be debuting the project at San Diego Comic Con.
Blood Red Dragon will launch at a panel discussion on the Thursday, in the Indigo Room from 1-2pm.
Published through Image, the book is described as focussing on
the origin of an ancient and benevolent force, locked in an epic battle with the dark armies of Oblivion. Creative expression and destiny collide, as once in a generation an individual is born with the potential to unlock the awesome might of the Blood Red Dragon, thus channeling a power beyond comprehension and assuming the mantle of Earth’s protector. When agents of Oblivion discover that the key to accessing the Blood Red Dragon’s energy lays in music – the melodic heart of the human spirit, they launch a series of violent attacks on musicians across the globe. As he performs in front of a large crowd during the opening show of a massive world tour, drummer and keyboardist Yoshiki comes face-to-face with his destiny, experiencing a transformation that will forever change his life – and possibly the fate of the world.
Expect a musical element. And an animation element. And a comics element, And a hype element,
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017
- Yet More Punching Nazis, Pepe The Frog, Richard Spencer … And Jack Kirby - January 23, 2017
- The Spoilery Titles Of Marvel/Netflix’s Iron Fist Episodes, Who Directed Them, And Why The DVD Will Be 18 Rated In The UK - January 23, 2017