Martin Freeman is, finally, Bilbo Baggins and Ian McKellen is, once again, Gandalf the Grey.
These two stills come from Entertainment Weekly, who also have a behind-the-scenes snap of Peter Jackson giving Freeman some direction.
It’s no surprise that these images mesh so nicely with the look of Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I might just about go so far as to call it a relief. It’s like we never left Middle Earth for a second.
What will set the new films apart, however, is that they are being shot in 3D at 48fps. On screen, they should have a new fluidity and dimensionality all of their own.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014