But, nevertheless, despite the comic in question, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #160 being polybagged when it ships tomorrow, so as not to spoil the surprise, Marvel have chosen to give the Associated Press the exclusive news about what happens when you open the polybag and a visual of how the comic ends, today. It’s been reported by both USA Today and the New York Post already, which also has his death scene.
And they even give you the plot, whited out below…
Peter Parker dies at the end of a vicious battle between himself and the Green Goblin, who targeted Spidey for death after escaping from S.H.I.E.L.D. custody.
With the help of Iceman and the Human Torch, he makes his last stand in Queens, saving Aunt May and Gwen Stacy before dying in Mary Jane Watson’s arms.
And they quote writer Brian Michael Bendis, the person who has been so enraged by spoilers in the past, saying;
Listen, I sat there typing this thing with tears in my eyes like a big baby! I went upstairs to my wife, and I go, ‘I am so embarrassed. I think I’ve literally been crying for 45 minutes.’ I’ve had real things happen in my life I didn’t cry about, and yet I’m crying about this. I became very proud of it, and that’s not an adjective I often put on myself.
Bendis does have his eye on the future.
It occurred to me that if Peter passed away in a meaningful way, he could be the Uncle Ben character to a new Spider-Man, which then continues it to be a real Spider-Man story. Then it became more than just, ‘Oh my God, you killed him!’
Of course we have Ultimate Comics Fallout to come and then a brand new Spider-Man, possibly with a brand new skin colour, in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 to come.
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017