Two years ago, writer Brian Azzarello gave the cryptic clue about a potential television adaptation of his Vertigo series 100 Bullets, telling MTV “Television — there’s an idea!… That’s all I’ll say. Television… or maybe something that’s not just TV” which was taken as a reference to HBO.
Well, yesterday, things got a lot more concrete. DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns spoke to Fast Company and in the midst of a discussion of multi-media brand extensions of various projects said;
There are stories throughout the decades that work really well. There are also really great characters. For instance, there’s a character called Hourman. He’s been around for 60 years, but has never had his own series. So we develop him in house a little bit more, and then we talk to the people at Warner Television about what their take could be. Raven, who is part of the Teen Titans, is another character we’ve explored. Raven’s very well-known and loved, but she’s always been part of a team. You’ve seen Rosemary’s Baby? Picture that kid grown up. So it’s a really interesting mythology to delve into. Vertigo has a comic, 100 Bullets, which is a great story if you like crime comics, and it’s going to be a great TV show. Vertigo comics tend to create their own worlds, so we can see clearly what each story line is, and consider them for television or film.
- When Rooster Teeth Endorse Your Fan-Made Games At C2E2… - April 23, 2017
- An Inflammatory Article About Marvel’s Promotional Hydra Shirts For Comic Store Employees - April 23, 2017
- Gisele Legace’s Comics Made It To C2E2 – Even If Gisele Didn’t - April 23, 2017
- “I Look At Every Audition As, I Just Want This Job” – Veronica Taylor On Being Ash, At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Frank Miller Loved Halle Berry’s Catwoman – The Dark Knight Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017