Two years ago, writer Brian Azzarello gave the cryptic clue about a potential television adaptation of his Vertigo series 100 Bullets, telling MTV “Television — there’s an idea!… That’s all I’ll say. Television… or maybe something that’s not just TV” which was taken as a reference to HBO.
Well, yesterday, things got a lot more concrete. DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns spoke to Fast Company and in the midst of a discussion of multi-media brand extensions of various projects said;
There are stories throughout the decades that work really well. There are also really great characters. For instance, there’s a character called Hourman. He’s been around for 60 years, but has never had his own series. So we develop him in house a little bit more, and then we talk to the people at Warner Television about what their take could be. Raven, who is part of the Teen Titans, is another character we’ve explored. Raven’s very well-known and loved, but she’s always been part of a team. You’ve seen Rosemary’s Baby? Picture that kid grown up. So it’s a really interesting mythology to delve into. Vertigo has a comic, 100 Bullets, which is a great story if you like crime comics, and it’s going to be a great TV show. Vertigo comics tend to create their own worlds, so we can see clearly what each story line is, and consider them for television or film.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018