Lots of long-standing comic book institutions are going through major changes right now. I saw a couple people talking to Jason Aaron on twitter today about renumbering Uncanny X-Men (he replied that he didn’t care about the number on the cover), and I gotta admit that’s something that matters to me when I know it shouldn’t, quite so much.
Trying to pin that down, I think I track time and history by comic book numbering. I’ve got a mental timeline that pins what was happening in comics to personal and historical events. I suspect more than a few longtime fans measure the distance between two points in the past in the same way. The end of this year will be a big mental mark on the timeline just like Crisis was, I imagine. Here’s today’s points on the timeline:
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
When asked about the future of the relationship, DiDio stated “Let’s just say it’s being reexamined, because it’s something that I think is something that is so valuable to the character’s story that you really want to explore all facets of it. Not just as it exists currently.”
Respectfully we informed you of this at an earlier juncture.
Legendary comics artist Steve Rude has posted on Facebook that he wants to come back to comics. DC Comics. He writes;
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
After the long quest for darkness in comic book movies, that’s rather refreshing. But does it work? Well, before I start straying into spoiler territory – yes. Yes it does.
The Muppets are capitalising on the fuss around Green Lantern very nicely. Well played, my little fuzzy chums.
This is the image that is appearing at the end of the credits to the Green Lantern movie, when shown in America, according to CBR, as part of a marketing strategy that includes comics retailers getting movie-themed promotional materials and preview screening tickets.
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017
- Wonder Woman’s Iconic Moment: The Pre-History Of The Character As Revealed In The Wonder Woman Film - April 21, 2017