Tom Cruise‘s website has released the first photo of the man himself as Stacee Jaxx in Rock of Ages.
After Tom’s appearance as Less Grossman in Tropic Thunder and various award shows, it’s clear that the actor can wiggle his hips. But now, instead of a fat, furry suit, this time Cruise dons 1980s’ rocker chic, complete with tattoos, black nail polish, clunky boots, silverware and well-toned flesh. And sweat. But what does he sound like as this ‘ruthless and ageing’ rocker? We’ll have to wait and find out but I think it might be loud.
Directed by Adam Shankman (Hairspray), Rock of Ages also features Paul Giamatti, Alec Baldwin and Catherine Zeta Jones. It is expected to be released in June 2012.
Brendon adds: That Cruise. He’s nothing if not courageous in his career choices.
Personally, I think he’s spectacularly good at being a movie star – as opposed, perhaps, to an actor. I’m glad we still have these huge, larger than life ego… er… characters.
And lest we forget, Brad Bird’s Mission Impossible is coming, and is likely to blow our socks off.
- Olivia Wilde’s Star Trek Ambitions And Western Thrills - August 17, 2011
- The Steven Spielberg Director’s Western Starter Kit For Cowboys And Aliens - August 17, 2011
- We’ve Had A Look At Titanic 3D – Here’s Kate’s Take On The Footage - August 12, 2011
- Super 8 Review – Kate’s Take - August 1, 2011
- Abigail Spencer Off To Kansas To Join Sam Raimi’s Oz - July 6, 2011