It’s been a long old road for the Cowboys and Aliens, but the rest camp is in sight. The World Premiere of Jon Favreau’s genre blender is just over a month away and, really, what better a venue than at Comic-Con.
This event was actually teased at the Hero Complex Film Festival yesterday, when Favreau mentioned a “serious stunt” planned for the Con to promote the film. Many guessed (Including me! I did!) that this stunt would be a screening for the film.
Now, it’s been officially revealed. Favreau says:
The worldwide premiere of Cowboys & Aliens will be at Comic-Con. And not only are we going to premiere it there, we’re going to find a way to include as many of the fans as possible. I feel like they’ve come out for me, they’ve supported me.
That’s some sweet karma.
The film will open across the US on July 29th, SDCC runs 21st-24th. I’d count out the extremes, so you’re looking at a lead time of eight or nine days here. Besides, it’s a world premiere no matter when it is. The excitement levels are going to be through the roof.
Now all Rich and I have to do is find out how to get in…
In the meantime, here’s the latest TV spot for the film, as screened during the Spike Awards.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuiKLJEg_UA
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014