Scott Lobdell and Ken Lashley have got major books at a Big Two publisher, with Bob Harras as editor-in-chief with Bobbie Chase as his second in command, while Jim Leeis creating new costumes with big knee and shoulder pads. Meanwhile the X-Men are tied up in the Age Of Apocalypse. There are variant comics all over the place and a burgeoning speculator market. And everyone is really excited about the Superman news. We’re firmly back in the nineties aren’t we?
And if you needed any more proof, Rob Liefeld is bringing back the Extreme brand, through Image Comics. He tweets;
Extreme studios fans, yesterday was full of business that prepares for a huge Extreme return. Been cooking this up w/Image for MONTHS!
Which Extreme title do you want to see? Let me know?Expect Extreme related news around Comic Con.
Lots of Youngblood, Supreme, New Men, Prophet, Kaboom! and Re:GEX love in early voting!
Extreme was the studio that Rob Liefeld worked for Image Comics through, publishing a variety of comics, mostly with the words Blood or Death in them, with a reputation for meagre stories combines with extreme artwork, emphasising harsh angles, blood and breasts over plot, characterisation
But it was moving work from Extreme into his other imprint, Maximum Press, away from Image, and using other Image founders’ talents on certain books, that saw a rift between the rest of Image and Rob, that either led to his expulsion or resignation, depending on who you believe.
Well, Liefeld has been rather rehabilitated at Image of late, with people deciding that bygones be bygones. And so this Comic Con? Expect lots of this kind of thing…
- What I Learned From Meeting With Ross Richie - April 25, 2017
- Exclusive: Teaser Trailer For Revival, The Movie Based On The Comic By Tim Seeley And Mike Norton, From Image - April 25, 2017
- Dark Lives Matter – Finally Something New From DC Comics? - April 25, 2017
- Can Batman And Flash Make The Watchmen Button Less Radioactive In Flash #21? - April 25, 2017
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017