One of the more peculiar aspects of the DC Comics Relaunch was the edict reported by Bleeding Cool that the female characters all cover up their legs, a departure for the common tight fit swimming costumes that showed a lot of thigh and that in some cases indicated special shaving. But what to do when your central character has a distinctive style that demands that leg skin be shown?
So what to do with Zatanna? Classically in the magician’s outfit with fishnets up to her armpits (not literally, that would be hideous.) Well according to this cover to Justice League Dark, she’ll be wearing low cut black trousers but have fishnets on her arms.
Deadman doesn’t look like he likes the new design however.
The big question however… is what Supergirl and Power Girl are going to look like?
And for you old school fans, don’t wory, the fishnet queens Black Canary and Zatanna will stay in the old-style fishnets in the Paul Dini/Joe Quinones original graphic novel Bloodspell, still on the books.
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017
- Is Nick Spencer Suited To Write Captain America If He Opposes Punching Nazis? We Asked Captain America In 1982 - January 21, 2017
- Wizard World No Longer Taking Credit Cards For Tables And Booths – Cheques And Cash Only - January 21, 2017