One of the more peculiar aspects of the DC Comics Relaunch was the edict reported by Bleeding Cool that the female characters all cover up their legs, a departure for the common tight fit swimming costumes that showed a lot of thigh and that in some cases indicated special shaving. But what to do when your central character has a distinctive style that demands that leg skin be shown?
So what to do with Zatanna? Classically in the magician’s outfit with fishnets up to her armpits (not literally, that would be hideous.) Well according to this cover to Justice League Dark, she’ll be wearing low cut black trousers but have fishnets on her arms.
Deadman doesn’t look like he likes the new design however.
The big question however… is what Supergirl and Power Girl are going to look like?
And for you old school fans, don’t wory, the fishnet queens Black Canary and Zatanna will stay in the old-style fishnets in the Paul Dini/Joe Quinones original graphic novel Bloodspell, still on the books.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017