David O. Russell, now divested of the Uncharted movie, can spread his attentions that little bit thicker. One of his in-development works is an adaptation of The Silver Linings Playbook, Matthew Quick’s novel about a man attempting to reconcile with his wife after leaving a mental institution. The man is likely to be Mark Wahlberg, apparently Russell’s go-to for a whole lot of roles; and according to Just Jared, Angelina Jolie is to meet with the director this week to discuss a role. Perhaps the wife? Man, that Wahlberg does well for movie wives.
So the director and star haven’t even met yet. But it could turn into a piece of casting. Of course, these “took a meeting” stories are best taken with a pinch of salt, so let me oblige…
Deadline are reporting that a sequel to Salt, Ms. Jolie’s so-so spy-thriller of last year, is on the cards. Sony have employed Kurt Wimmer, the franchise’s creator, to write the sequel too. If the script turns out to Jolie’s satisfaction, and they can find a director that will make her happy, then she’ll sign. If we assume her standards were accurately represented by the quality of Salt 1, and Salt 2 surely can’t be too far away.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014