It’s Flashpoint Friday again, and today’s pre-weekend missive is another interesting mystery. As we’ve been telling you, DC Comics is setting themselves up for a major… something this fall by releasing only one comic in the last week of August and then, somehow, relaunching everything in September. Fanning the flames, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee are scheduled to make a major announcement early next month. Now comes word that Flashpoint will end Johns’ involvement with Flash titles for the foreseeable future — which of course begs the question: then what?
Like the saying goes, everything you know will change in a flash.
It goes without saying that Geoff Johns is a talent to be reckoned with. For the past several years, Johns has been writing numerous FLASH titles – including the recently released THE FLASH OMNIBUS Vol. 1.
As he did with Hal Jordan and GREEN LANTERN, Johns has completely reinvigorated the character of Barry Allen and THE FLASH. Working with such incredible artists including Scott Kolins, Ethan Van Sciver, Angel Unzueta, Andy Kubert and rising stars like Francis Manipul, Johns has solidified The Flash’s place in the DC Universe. In fact, he’s placed Barry Allen front and center of this summer’s bestselling event, FLASHPOINT.
But like issue #12 was the final issue of THE FLASH by Johns, the final issue of FLASHPOINT will conclude Johns’ run on FLASH titles for the foreseeable future.
What happens post FLASHPOINT you ask?
As Johns says, “the first rule about FLASHPOINT is, don’t talk about what comes after Flashpoint.”
So for now, we thank Geoff Johns for his run on THE FLASH and look forward to what he’s got planned next.
- Sean Spicer: More Than Meets The Eye? - January 22, 2017
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016