Here it is, the first image from the long awaited new movie by David Cronenberg, his adaptation of Don DeLillo’s novel Cosmopolis. It was taken by his daughter Caitlin, an accomplished photographer, and features Robert Pattinson and Sarah Gadon.
Here’s how I described the project previously:
The story, unravelling in the course of a single day, tells of how a billionaire loses his entire fortune during a difficult journey across Manhattan.
The novel has something of an “and then and then and then” structure, concerned more with weaving the author’s ruminations around a series of most-often random encounters than plotting a thread of cause and effect with much narrative impact. It also has a quietly futurist vibe, not unlike the more recent work of William Gibson. In short, I think Cronenberg’s an ideal match.
The project has been filming for a couple of days, and will wrap in July.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014