Gary Shore sits pretty on the list of in-contention directors for The Wolverine. While we don’t know yet what kind of chance he has in getting the gig, there’s already some indication of what kind of work he’d turn in.
Posted to his Vimeo page some three months ago is this trailer for what Shore calls Wolverine vs. The Hand or, at the end of the clip, X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2.
Was this a spec piece? Or something he did for fun? Had Darren Aronofsky already left the project when Shore started this? Has it really played any part in his wishlist status?
According to his Vimeo profile, Shore has also been developing his first feature film, The Cup of Tears, with Working Title and Universal. That too features Samurai, and that too has a ready trailer:
Clearly, Mr. Shore is a believer in bringing a trailer to his pitch meetings. Good for him. I continue to support Mark Romanek for The Wolverine, but Cup of Tears does look interesting and I do hope to see it completed.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014