At the Kapow comic convention in London last month, show organiser Mark Millar stated that there was a big name Spanish director signed up to direct a film based on his newly announced Marvel Icon book Supercrooks with artist Leinil Yu. Something he repeated in his editorial in this week’s CLiNT magazine as announcing next month.
Bleeding Cool has been able to confirm that this director is one Nacho Vigalondo (pictured above, with Mark Millar)
Writer for the Spanish version of Big Brother, he was Academy Award nominated for his short film 7:35 de la Mañana in 2003, he directed his first full length film, Timecrimes, in 2007. He’s currently working on his new film, Extraterrestre, an alien horror movie.
And he is a big Mark Millar fan. How big?
This is Nacho Vigalondo at the UCM Cómic show last year.
Supercrooks is described as a comic/film about a bunch of supervillains moving to Europe to escape American superheroes, working together on one very big job. Ocean’s 11 Plus, say.
Mark Millar and his representatives did not respond to enquiries.
- Britain Gets Batburgers for Real - June 21, 2018
- Dellec Gets a Relaunch and a Primer in Aspen Press September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New Hatchet Series Launches from American Mythology in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- 4 New Graphic Novels from Caliber in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- Central City Comix of Surrey, British Columbia, Canada to Close This Weekend - June 21, 2018