At the Kapow comic convention in London last month, show organiser Mark Millar stated that there was a big name Spanish director signed up to direct a film based on his newly announced Marvel Icon book Supercrooks with artist Leinil Yu. Something he repeated in his editorial in this week’s CLiNT magazine as announcing next month.
Bleeding Cool has been able to confirm that this director is one Nacho Vigalondo (pictured above, with Mark Millar)
Writer for the Spanish version of Big Brother, he was Academy Award nominated for his short film 7:35 de la Mañana in 2003, he directed his first full length film, Timecrimes, in 2007. He’s currently working on his new film, Extraterrestre, an alien horror movie.
And he is a big Mark Millar fan. How big?
This is Nacho Vigalondo at the UCM Cómic show last year.
Supercrooks is described as a comic/film about a bunch of supervillains moving to Europe to escape American superheroes, working together on one very big job. Ocean’s 11 Plus, say.
Mark Millar and his representatives did not respond to enquiries.
- Someone At Marvel Just Read Garth Ennis And Goran Parlov’s Punisher: Platoon… - August 18, 2017
- TV Legend Sir Bruce Forsyth Passes Away At Age 89 - August 18, 2017
- Nerd Block Owes Diamond And Funko A Quarter Of A Million Each, And NYCC $150K - August 18, 2017
- The Supergirl Cosplayer Who Went To Charlottesville – Guess Whose Side She Was On - August 18, 2017
- Marc Laming On X-Men Gold And Other Creative Changes To Jean Grey, Hulk And Prox Transmissions - August 18, 2017