I can’t really see the reworking of Turn Off The Dark in this trailer, though $5 million worth of retooling has taken place in the last few weeks.
In fact, I’m rather surprised that some of the elements I can see in this ad still remain. I thought the show’s producers were on a mission to stamp out all traces of Taymor and just turn the show into baby food?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDGNimK0TUk
Incidentally, the show’s creator, Julie Taymor, will be holding court at the upcoming LA Film Festival. From their press release:
Film and stage director Julie Taymor has a unique talent for adapting established works in fresh, exciting ways. From her 1999 debut feature film Titus, Academy Award-winning Frida, Across the Universe and last year’s The Tempest, Taymor demonstrates a level of creativity and skill for adapting stories that is rare. Join us as this award-winning director shares behind-the-scenes clips in a conversation about taking material from different sources and translating them to the stage and the screen.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014