In Action Comics #900, a back up strip by David Goyer, showed Superman announcing he was to go to the UN and give up his citizenship of the USA, so to ensure his actions were not mistaken for US government policy.
Well, today, from DC Comics, on the last page of Superman #711, we see a very different situation. Superman loving America after all! That (thankfully) doesn’t spoil the story having on its own right here.
And to quote; “That’s what America is about, really. That’s the American way. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness – and second chances. None of us are forced to be anything we don’t want to be. When I was young I knew that I would be someone different when I grew up. I would leave home and make a new life for myself. A new start, a second chance. When I first went to Metropolis, it was full of people who’d done the same thing. People from all over America – from over the world – who went to the city to live the lives they wanted – to be the people they wanted to be. That’s the idea that America was founded on, but it’s not just for the people born here, it’s for everyone. And it’s for people like me and Livewire too.” – Superman.
As to whether or not he still has US citizenship, that’s a story for another day. Or not. Until then why not catch up on Captain America fighting WikiLeaks with his fists, or Wonder Woman killing all of the men in Britain, possibly by removing their testicles. What a world, what a world.
And if you actually want to know Livewire’s story, read the comic! Superman #711, out this week.
- Defenders, Secret Empire, Old Man Logan, Bitch Planet And Mary Jane Covers Top Advance Reorders - May 24, 2017
- What DC Rebirth Secrets Are In Your Comics This Week? Justice League Of America… - May 24, 2017
- That Moment When Secret Empire Just Goes Silly, From Secret Warriors #2 - May 24, 2017
- Shadowman’s (Almost) Back in Rapture #1 - May 24, 2017
- IDW Full Solicits For August 2017 Includes A Major Crossover – Donald and Mickey! - May 24, 2017