In Action Comics #900, a back up strip by David Goyer, showed Superman announcing he was to go to the UN and give up his citizenship of the USA, so to ensure his actions were not mistaken for US government policy.
Well, today, from DC Comics, on the last page of Superman #711, we see a very different situation. Superman loving America after all! That (thankfully) doesn’t spoil the story having on its own right here.
And to quote; “That’s what America is about, really. That’s the American way. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness – and second chances. None of us are forced to be anything we don’t want to be. When I was young I knew that I would be someone different when I grew up. I would leave home and make a new life for myself. A new start, a second chance. When I first went to Metropolis, it was full of people who’d done the same thing. People from all over America – from over the world – who went to the city to live the lives they wanted – to be the people they wanted to be. That’s the idea that America was founded on, but it’s not just for the people born here, it’s for everyone. And it’s for people like me and Livewire too.” – Superman.
As to whether or not he still has US citizenship, that’s a story for another day. Or not. Until then why not catch up on Captain America fighting WikiLeaks with his fists, or Wonder Woman killing all of the men in Britain, possibly by removing their testicles. What a world, what a world.
And if you actually want to know Livewire’s story, read the comic! Superman #711, out this week.
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018