Tom Welling is just days away from his lengthy tenure in Smallville finally coming to a close. A great time, then, to be looking at other offers. Hopefully these will be good offers too, and not just an invite to run along Dean Cain Ave., right down the hillside and into the Old West ghost town of Desperation.*
According to What’s Playing, the young man who has just given years of life in service of DC’s premiere superhero is now being courted by the other team, the people of Marvel Studios. They say:
Don’t know what film, if any one in particular, Marvel is looking at Welling for but they do have film adaptations of Deathlok, Runaways and Doctor Strange in the works. If it’s one of those three, I think the safe bet is Welling is being considered for Strange.
Er… I don’t think so. That’s not a good match at all.
Now, should Mr. Welling’s meetings with Marvel not go so well, or maybe not even exist in the first place, the same report is also suggesting that “there’s been talk” of the actor joining an Allen Quartermain movie from Smallville producer Alfred Gough.
Sounds more plausible to me. More plausible still, I’d say, would be a SyFy movie or too, or maybe a multi-camera sitcom in the school of Yes Dear or something like that.
Only time will tell.
*I’m not even sure a road of any sort could get named after Dean Cain, even in a stupid metaphor.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014