Now we know: Danny Boyle‘s next movie, Trance, is to be a remake of a TV drama from 2001.
The original film was written and directed by Joe Ahearne, alumnus of Doctor Who and This Life, and creator of Ultraviolet and Apparitions. He’s even written some issues of Fantastic Four and has attempted to get a BBC superhero series off the ground, with the collaboration of Bryan Hitch – but so far to no avail.
Here’s a plot summary, as per The Hollywood Reporter:
An assistant at an auction house masterminds the heist and teams up with a gang of thieves, but suffers a blow to the head and wakes up with amnesia. He is the only one who knows where the painting’s location is and after his continued failure to remember, the gang begins to suspect duplicity on his part and hire a female hypnotist to get into his brain.
They also say that Michael Fassbender is negotiating a role as the leader of the gang. Yeah, he seems the type to lead a movieworld gang of art crooks.
Now, I’m pretty sure that some Little Bleeders will have seen the original Trance, and can fill us in rather more on what it was like. If so, please drop me a line, or post to the forum.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014