With copies of the Savage Dragon #145 Wondercon variant featuring Barack Obama taking down Osama Bin Laden settling down at around $75 (when they were selling for a dollar the week previousl), there’s one non-CGC copy up at $179.50 with days (and bids) to go. Why the excitement over that particular copy?
Because it’s the one owned by Dragon creator Erik Larsen, clearly annoyed at the silly prices the comic is currently getting.
He writes (and watch out for the captal letters and exclamation marks);
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE BIDDING!! YOU ARE BIDDING on Savage Dragon #145!! Hey, why be ripped off by some anonymous eBay huckster who managed to pick up a copy of this book at San Francisco’s WonderCon when you can be ripped off by Erik Larsen directly? Cut out the middle man, boys and girls! As you can see–this Cover features President Barack Obama punching Osama Bin Laden square in the head and reads “Obama vs Osama.” THIS COMIC IS IN NM CONDITION, HAS NEVER BEEN READ, LIMITED TO ONLY 1500 COPIES & can be SIGNED BY ERIK LARSEN HIMSELF, no sweat!! DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK OF ALL TIME! SINCE MANY OF YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO FIND THIS IN STORES THIS IS YOUR BIG CHANCE! IT’S MORE RARE THAN Amazing Spider-Man #583 by a long shot, AND WAS ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU ATTENDED WONDERCON IN SAN FRANCISCO!!
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018
- C2E2 Debut: Achilles Inc, Wretched Things, The Family Graves, Grief from Comics Experience and Source Point Press - January 16, 2018
- C.B. Cebulski Recommends Comic Book Artists Use Their Real Name - January 16, 2018
- Jackie Ormes and Carol Kalish Inducted into Eisner Hall Of Fame for 2018, 16 More Nominated - January 16, 2018
- Frank Cho Moves to Watercolours for Harley Quinn Covers - January 16, 2018