With copies of the Savage Dragon #145 Wondercon variant featuring Barack Obama taking down Osama Bin Laden settling down at around $75 (when they were selling for a dollar the week previousl), there’s one non-CGC copy up at $179.50 with days (and bids) to go. Why the excitement over that particular copy?
Because it’s the one owned by Dragon creator Erik Larsen, clearly annoyed at the silly prices the comic is currently getting.
He writes (and watch out for the captal letters and exclamation marks);
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE BIDDING!! YOU ARE BIDDING on Savage Dragon #145!! Hey, why be ripped off by some anonymous eBay huckster who managed to pick up a copy of this book at San Francisco’s WonderCon when you can be ripped off by Erik Larsen directly? Cut out the middle man, boys and girls! As you can see–this Cover features President Barack Obama punching Osama Bin Laden square in the head and reads “Obama vs Osama.” THIS COMIC IS IN NM CONDITION, HAS NEVER BEEN READ, LIMITED TO ONLY 1500 COPIES & can be SIGNED BY ERIK LARSEN HIMSELF, no sweat!! DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK OF ALL TIME! SINCE MANY OF YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO FIND THIS IN STORES THIS IS YOUR BIG CHANCE! IT’S MORE RARE THAN Amazing Spider-Man #583 by a long shot, AND WAS ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU ATTENDED WONDERCON IN SAN FRANCISCO!!
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017