It’s Tuesday. Tomorrow is Wednesday. And there are two new Image issue one titles coming out.
Of late there has been massive speculator interest over new Image comics, as a result of Walking Dead, Chew, Morning Glories,Skullkickers, 27, Butcher Baker, Green Wake and Nonplayer flying off the shelves, up the walls and eBay bids. So as a reult, there’s going to be some keen eyes on any Image newcomer right now.
Especially when Red Spike #1 costs the princely sum of… one dollar. If there is a speculator boom on the book, even a small price rise will give better than usual return, at least in terms of percentages.
It’s part of a line of books spearheaded by Dave Elliot coming through Image that are getting attention with a very low price point. With Free Comic Book Day coming up on Saturday, it;s not a bad plan at all.
It also joins Blue Estate #2 and Green Wake #2 both out this week too at the more usual $2.99 price point. If you want to pitch a book to Image right now, may I suggest something called Yellow Fever? White Flight? Black Hole? Purple Prose? Actually I quite like that last one.
See previews to Red Spike, Blue Estate and Green Wake below.
- MCM London Debut: Five Years Later…. Josceline Fenton’s Hemlock #5 - October 22, 2018
- Frank Cho Gets His Ballpoint Out - October 22, 2018
- Amy Chu and Her Interns’ Commentary on Dejah Thoris #9 - October 22, 2018
- Zenscope’s Journey to MCM Via London’s Comic Shops - October 22, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 22nd October 2018 – Happy Birthday Steven Grant - October 22, 2018