It looks like the Hilary Swank vs. Michelle Williams casting showdown has been resolved… by offering the role to Rachel Weisz.
As I understand it, she’s taking the chief evil witch role of Evanora in Sam Raimi’s prequel picture, Oz The Great and Powerful. Evanora is the older of two sisters, and Mila Kunis is already cast as Theadora, the younger.
Between the two of them, these Witches eventually cause quite a lot of trouble and strife for the newbie Wizard, who is, of course, no Wizard at all, but a snakeoil huckster who knows a few bits of razzle dazzle. He’s being played by James Franco – appropriate?
The Hollywood Reporter say that Weisz is in final negotiations. Still needing to be cast is goodie two shoes Glinda – herein a love interest for the would-be Wizard. Against Weisz and Kunis, I’m thinking they’ll go blonde for this squeaky-clean heroine.
So who is Hollywood hot property, blonde, and James Franco’s age or a bit younger?
And don’t say Alex Pettyfer.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014