We should run an analysis of Marvel vs DC Comics news story popularity here as compared to twitter. It feels like more DC stories have been gaining traction lately, particularly if you were to factor movies out of it, which is interesting. I see there’s a Marvel story or two set to break out tomorrow, but it’s all DC at the top today:
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Not only that, but Superman Beyond will be written by a former Marvel writer and editor-in-chief with a history of writing future superheroes… accompanied by the art team known for drawing them.
But, on installation, there’s at least one report of one catching on fire. Other stores have reported a smell of burning or of smoke.
Most-Read Film/TV Stories Today:
Twitter is always live, and the entries are time stamped so, sometimes, watching my feed, I’ve seen the world react to strange, unexpected and occasionally huge events, all in real time and, other times, I’ve been able to read a real time event back, after the fact, seeing brick after brick get laid in place.
The above poster is hanging on the wall, taking pride of place outside my local Vue multiplex. In the words of Mrs. Connelly “Well, I haven’t seen that before”.
The Hurt Locker team of director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal have been preparing for a new picture in a similar “true life war stories” mode to their Oscar scooper upper. With the working title of Kill Bin Laden, the film would recount the events of a failed Black Ops mission to assassinate the leader of Al Qaeda.
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
- Emma Watts Will Lead 20th Century Fox Film in the Disney Era - October 18, 2018
- Happy! Season 2: Making Easter Great Again with Weird Al and More Morrison Magic - October 6, 2018
- Mile High Pedigree Planet Comics Run Coming To ComicConnect Event Auction Beginning November 12 - October 5, 2018
- Batman 1839, Part 1: Mad Men of Gotham - September 18, 2018
- Getting Ready for the Year of the Bat - September 16, 2018