Winding Refn is taking an Executive Producer credit this time around, which implies some sort of satisfaction with the plans in hand.
The top billed actors include Agyness Deyn, the supermodel last glimpsed in Clash of the Titans – though her turn as Aphrodite did, pretty much, end up on the cutting room floor – and Richard Coyle, who was Coupling‘s keymaster with too many legs. Also on the cast list are Paul Kaye and Bronson Webb.
The press release from Vertigo films contained the following plot blurb:
As edgy and explosive as Nicolas Winding Refn’s 1996 cult classic, this English language remake tells the story of a week in the life of FRANK, a big time drug pusher in London. Frank’s life is a fun-filled rollercoaster of a ride that soon spins out of control. Friendships start to vanish, there is no longer room for love within his life, and violence takes over. Danger and chaos are all around and he becomes a man trapped in his own world. Eventually Frank is left with no one to turn to and nowhere to go, becoming a man paralysed with the fear of knowing there is no way of preventing his inevitable fate. Fast-paced, visually striking, witty and with some of acting’s finest talents, Pusher will have you gripped from beginning to end.
Nobody confirms it but it seems to me like Coyle is playing Frank.
This isn’t the first remake of Pusher, nor is it the first UK-set one. Released on DVD back in March, the last one is in both English and Hindi. Here’s the trailer.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014