Contrary to prior assumption, Mark Boal’s untitled script about operatives on the hunt for Osama Bin Laden will revolve around the same team as were involved in yesterday’s assassination, and the film is expected to include these most recent events. This is already destined to be one of the most closely watched, hotly debated films of the year.
According to Variety, Boal has enjoyed some access to military intelligence (apparently like The Rock, eh?) and had been building the script around Navy Seals Team 6 for some time. Their report also offers the following, quite cold observation:
The timing of bin Laden’s death could hardly be better: Had it come much later, making changes would’ve been a scramble, but it’s still late enough to maximize the movie’s timeliness.
They report that the writer was due to be in Afghanistan on a fact finding mission next week, but that’s now postponed. Nonetheless, the plan is still to shoot the film this summer, with funding from Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014