In the beginning, it seemed that Page One, a documentary about a year inside The New York Times, was timed perfectly to capture the spectacular nosedive of the old Newspaper business model and the rocketing rise of its online rival, not to say replacement. As it happens, Wikileaks really started to make waves part way through the year in question, and the story took some unexpected diversions, becoming laden with some huge new concerns and gripping ideas.
The film has played festivals to acclaim. I’ve not seen it all, but did preview a good section at an event held by the film’s UK distributors, Dogwoof, and it was riveting stuff. This new trailer (which you can see in HD at Apple) only comes part way to capturing the urgency and vitality of what I saw.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhw6OeTVcwM
The film opens across the US in the Summer and in the UK in the Autumn. I’m looking forward to it a great deal.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014