In competition at this years Cannes, and in 3D too, is Takashi Miike‘s do-over of Hara-Kiri,* based upon a 1962 picture by Masaki Kobayashi.
The film’s official site has been updated with a brief, but compelling, teaser trailer. This embed comes courtest of Nippon Cinema.
It looks, for better or worse, much as you’d expect it to. I hope Miike has applied the 3D with sensitivity, but I fear he may not have. He’s always been interested in a) fast production turnaround and b) big, bold filmmaking tricks that grab you by the scruff of the neck; as a result, I’m feeling cautious about his stereography.
The film’s plot, as you won’t have been able to infer from that clip, is a revenge tale with a couple of nice plot maneuvers.
*Nope, no idea why it isn’t called Seppuku.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014