There’s yet another War of the Worlds coming, and I’m not talking about the secret reason the illuminati just pulled the plug on SETI. This is one more adaptation of HG Wells’ seminal science fiction classic.
Amongst the producers on this new production is Stephen Chiodo, stop motion legend and co-director of Killer Klowns From Outer Space. The director is Justin Kohn, a veteran animator who worked on Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Life Aquatic and many more. When it comes to frame-by-frame puppet fiddling, these guys more than know their stuff.
The catch is that this trailer is for an as-yet unshot film. It looks as though Kohn wants to use this as a proof of concept to gather funds for the full length production. To the same end, there’s also a behind the scenes clip. Here’s both.
So, there’s a lot of nostalgia at work here, but it seems to be backed up with some very strong stop-motion work. Perhaps the stop-motion outclasses the digital FX and compositing, but there’s enough talent out there who could come on board and help them with that.
I wish Kohn and company all the best. I’d love to see this film completed.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014