Kenneth Branagh on his first Thor experience.
“As a kid, growing up in Belfast, I remember standing in the our local sweet shop and seeing this very colourful, very dynamic comic book on the shelves,” recalls the 50-year-old star.
“I was mostly into British comics, but I remember being struck by how colourful, vivid and massive the Thor comic looked. The first picture I ever saw of Thor – and we never did this in the movie – was Thor’s arms yoked around a tree trunk with his arms thicker than the tree trunk and (his brother) Loki behind in the classic pose on the throne.
“I associated it with something very glamorous, and far away. So to be asked to helm the movie of Thor, nearly half a century on, was very flattering indeed.”
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th March 2018 – DC Comics Collect Their Thoughts - March 18, 2018
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – “And Now We Have a Horse Race” as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018