Priest 3D is in cinemas May 6th, but you can win tickets to see it early, as well as lots of other good prizes, by submitting your own Priest cover design to Bleeding Cool.
In the film, Paul Bettany stars as an exiled warrior priest, thrown out by his Church, who currently rule the dystopian universe he lives in. Living in obscurity, he is forced to break his vows when a group of savage vampires kidnap his niece. Here’s the trailer, and there’s more to check out on the film’s official Facebook page.
So, how do you win? And what do you win? Read the following:
We’re offering budding cover artists the chance to paint or draw an ‘official’ Priest comic cover to celebrate the launch of new kick-ass Sony Pictures movie based on the Korean ‘Man-wha’ comic book series by Min-Woo.
You might want to stick roughly to the style of the previous comics but possibly incorporate characters and looks from the movie too. The winning entry will be judged by a comic-book legend and sent to the director of the film and ultimately sent to the creator of Priest himself for their enjoyment too. Glory!
The winner will also receive a Sony bloggie™ touch Mobile HD snap camera, a fun official Priest robe-style Snuggie (see right) and tickets to see a preview of the film on London 4th May (no travel included).
Because the screening is on the 4th, we’re making midnight on the 2nd our deadline for this.
Here are some tips on how to appeal to the judges:
- Make sure your cover is related to Priest. Check out the comics, watch the trailer, look at some images from the film.
- Consider mixing the style of the original comics with some of the imagery and characters from the movie adaptation.
- Have your own style, the Priest comics had a variety of cover styles, black and white, colour, drawn, painted.
- Avoid too much photoshop, because we’re looking for a classic “comic book cover” feel, not “movie poster”
When you have your entry ready, send it through to me by e-mail. Good luck.
• The winner will be selected from all applicable correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• Sony and Bleeding Cool do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
• No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
• Unless otherwise stated, the Competition is open to all, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
• This competition is a game promoted by Bleeding Cool. Bleeding Cool’s decision is final in every situation and no correspondence will be entered into. Bleeding Cool reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited and Bleeding Cool reserves the right to either offer the prizes to a runner-up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014