He co-created the Ultimate Universe for Marvel, spending over ten years on Ultimate Spider-Man. He rewrote the Avengers for the 21st century. He wrote the Secret Invasion event and wrote a defining run on Daredevil. And he’s now writing Marvel animation and movie stuff.
And now he’s been announced as the head writer of the Marvel MMO game that was announced way back. Bendis was teasing an announcement earlier today, and this is clearly it.
The game is being created with Dave Brevick, creator of Diablo and Andy Collins, lead story designer, both at Gazillion, for Sony.
We have Doctor Doom named as the main villain in the game and that it “will be a grand, epic tour, a reimagining of some of the biggest events in Marvel history.” Unlike the DCU Online, you’ll play as actual existing Marvel characters, including Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, Nova and Squirrel Girl. Announced just for the PC today, it will be free to play, so there’s no subscription model. Again unlike DCU Online.
Plenty more to come I’m sure…
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018
- Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat to Adapt Own Doctor Who Episodes as Target Novelisations - February 23, 2018
- Return of Bruce Banner Hulk in Avengers #684 Tops Advance Reorders - February 23, 2018