He co-created the Ultimate Universe for Marvel, spending over ten years on Ultimate Spider-Man. He rewrote the Avengers for the 21st century. He wrote the Secret Invasion event and wrote a defining run on Daredevil. And he’s now writing Marvel animation and movie stuff.
And now he’s been announced as the head writer of the Marvel MMO game that was announced way back. Bendis was teasing an announcement earlier today, and this is clearly it.
The game is being created with Dave Brevick, creator of Diablo and Andy Collins, lead story designer, both at Gazillion, for Sony.
We have Doctor Doom named as the main villain in the game and that it “will be a grand, epic tour, a reimagining of some of the biggest events in Marvel history.” Unlike the DCU Online, you’ll play as actual existing Marvel characters, including Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, Nova and Squirrel Girl. Announced just for the PC today, it will be free to play, so there’s no subscription model. Again unlike DCU Online.
Plenty more to come I’m sure…
- David Ziggy Greene, Signing & Talking for Scene & Heard at Orbital Comics Tomorrow - May 25, 2018
- Solo Continues the Fireflying of the Star Wars Universe – A Spoiler-Free Review - May 24, 2018
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018