He co-created the Ultimate Universe for Marvel, spending over ten years on Ultimate Spider-Man. He rewrote the Avengers for the 21st century. He wrote the Secret Invasion event and wrote a defining run on Daredevil. And he’s now writing Marvel animation and movie stuff.
And now he’s been announced as the head writer of the Marvel MMO game that was announced way back. Bendis was teasing an announcement earlier today, and this is clearly it.
The game is being created with Dave Brevick, creator of Diablo and Andy Collins, lead story designer, both at Gazillion, for Sony.
We have Doctor Doom named as the main villain in the game and that it “will be a grand, epic tour, a reimagining of some of the biggest events in Marvel history.” Unlike the DCU Online, you’ll play as actual existing Marvel characters, including Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, Nova and Squirrel Girl. Announced just for the PC today, it will be free to play, so there’s no subscription model. Again unlike DCU Online.
Plenty more to come I’m sure…
- Marvel Comics Put The Fantastic Four #1 Spoiler On The Second Printing Front Cover - August 14, 2018
- Lisa Bloom to Represent #MeToo Allegations Against IDW’s President and Publisher - August 14, 2018
- Marvel May Act Against CryptoCurrency Wacoinda - August 14, 2018
- Tomorrows Infinity Wars #2 Gets a Surprise Spoiler Variant - August 14, 2018
- A Wicked + A Divine Interactive Experience at Thought Bubble - August 14, 2018