There’s a villainess in the new Superman movie, Man of Steel, and while the role was initially rumoured to be Ursa, it turns out that Zack Snyder, David Goyer and company have gone for her comic book precursor, Faora.
Or, at least, one of the Faoras. I don’t know much about the first one, a misandrist Kryptonian, but I’ve got some recollection of the second iteration.
Not much. Just some. Which is why I’m turning it over to you. Best bit of exposition on Faora mk 2 that ends up in the forum will be cannibalised for this story, with thanks.
Tonight, Variety are reporting that Antje Traue has won the role. Previously, Traue was the female lead in Pandorum, but I haven’t seen a single one of her other pictures. For the purposes of a tentpole picture like this, she’s as good as unknown.
Heck, the majority of folk who turn out to see this film next Summer probably won’t have any idea who Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon are either.
Well done Variety for scooping what I would expect to have been Warner Bros. Sunday press release.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014