We knew that a Walking Dead novel was coming. We knew it was part of a trilogy. We knew it would be outlined by creator Robert Kirkman and written by horror novelist Jay Bonansinga.
Well, now we have the title, cover and synopsis. And it’s a doozy.
Entitled Rise Of The Governor, the book is described thus;
In The Walking Dead universe, there is no greater villain than The Governor. The despot who runs the walled-off town of Woodbury, he has his own sick sense of justice: whether it’s forcing prisoners to battle zombies in an arena for the townspeople’s amusement, or chopping off the appendages of those who cross him. The Governor was voted “Villain of the Year” by Wizard Magazine the year he debuted, and his story arc was the most controversial arc in the history of The Walking Dead comic book series. Now, for the first time, fans of The Walking Dead will discover how The Governor became the man he is, and what drove him to such extremes.
As possibly-incestuous, rapist, hand-cutting bad guys go, I’m guessing there’s quite a lot of back story to tell.320 pages worth at least.
The novel is out on September the 27th, and pre-orderable on Amazon, now.
- Video Message From Stan Lee at Home With His Daughter JC For Father’s Day - June 18, 2018
- Full DC Comics Catalog for September 2018 + Solicitations - June 18, 2018
- WARNING: That Major X-Men Wedding Spoiler, Revealed in Full - June 18, 2018
- Humberto Ramos Warping Marvel Characters Together for New Comic? #WhoGetsWarped - June 18, 2018
- Has Geoff Johns Remembered Justice League: Rise of the Seven Seas? - June 18, 2018