At the Hellblazer 25th Anniversary panel last night at the London Sci-Fi Festival, questions were asked about Bleeding Cool’s coverage of John Constantine’s impending return to the DC Universe line of titles.
Current Hellblazer writer Peter Milligan, and DCU contributor, confirmed that, yes, John Constantine is returning to his old stomping grounds. But it’s not going to affect the Hellblazer book, or his portrayal therein (which, quite frankly, has been stellar of late). And while he couldn’t speak for the DC Universe portrayal, he understands that it will basically be the same character, the same person, but it won’t interfere with his Vertigo portrayal.
He said that he thinks the Hellblazer readership is sophisticated enough to know that there is a separation. In the same way as they can read an annual or a graphic novel featuring Constantine that isn’t in strict continuity with what’s happening in the monthly title.
So, what do you reckon? Are you sophisticated enough? Or is it a load of, as the DCU-appearing Constantine may say. “bullocks”? Let me know in the comments below…
- Can You Ghostwrite a Light-Hearted Book About Plane Hijacking and Being a Refugee? - August 20, 2018
- Blackbird by Sam Humphries and Jen Bartel Ties Returnability to The Wicked + The Divine - August 20, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics November 2018 Solicitations - August 20, 2018
- Gerry Duggan Writes to Retailers About Dead Rabbit and Analog - August 20, 2018
- Malorie Blackman, Joy Wilkinson, Pete McTighe, Vinay Patel, and Ed Hime to Write for Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor Who Season 13 - August 20, 2018