At the Hellblazer 25th Anniversary panel last night at the London Sci-Fi Festival, questions were asked about Bleeding Cool’s coverage of John Constantine’s impending return to the DC Universe line of titles.
Current Hellblazer writer Peter Milligan, and DCU contributor, confirmed that, yes, John Constantine is returning to his old stomping grounds. But it’s not going to affect the Hellblazer book, or his portrayal therein (which, quite frankly, has been stellar of late). And while he couldn’t speak for the DC Universe portrayal, he understands that it will basically be the same character, the same person, but it won’t interfere with his Vertigo portrayal.
He said that he thinks the Hellblazer readership is sophisticated enough to know that there is a separation. In the same way as they can read an annual or a graphic novel featuring Constantine that isn’t in strict continuity with what’s happening in the monthly title.
So, what do you reckon? Are you sophisticated enough? Or is it a load of, as the DCU-appearing Constantine may say. “bullocks”? Let me know in the comments below…
- What Might Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp’s Green Lantern Be Like? - May 26, 2018
- Tom Ellis Sang to #SaveLucifer at MCM London Comic Con (VIDEO) - May 26, 2018
- 63 Cosplay Pics from MCM London Comic Con 2018 - May 26, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: The Return of Diamond’s Secret Shopper - May 26, 2018
- Letitia Wright Would Rather Be the New Black Panther Than the New Iron Man - May 26, 2018