Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, Emily Mortimer, Steve Coogan, Hugh Dancy, Kathryn Hahn, Rashida Jones, Adam Scott. Crikey. That’s a well stocked larder.
You may recall that the film was called My Idiot Brother when it played at Cannes. The shift to a more-ensemble sounding tag probably reflects how salable that cast is, at least to buffs. It’s being released by the Weinsteins, who shelled out six or seven million dollars for it at Sundance. I assume they’ve got plenty of market research telling them they’re doing the right thing.
For once, maybe it’s right.
The film was directed by Jesse Peretz, sometime Lemonhead and director of music videos. This is his fourth feature, and I’m sorry to say, I haven’t seen any of the previous three. Time to revise for Idiot Brother with a few DVDs, I think.
Thanks to VLicious for the embed.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014