But I am reliably informed from a certain Brazilian in the know that John Constantine will be appearing as a major character in upcoming DC Universe titles, post Flashpoint.
Created in the then-DC Universe title Swamp Thing, by John Totleben, Steve Bissette and Alan Moore, this street-level occultist span off his own comic series, John Constantine: Hellblazer and, with Sandman and Swamp Thing, spearheaded the Vertigo line of mature readers comic books, including the much derided Keanu Reeves vehicle, Constantine.
Rare in comics, Hellblazer takes place in real time with the fifty something supernatural opportunist currently married to the twenty something cultural rebel Epiphany, and continues his adventures as an occult adventurist, detective and saviour, scarred by the ages. Even his shock of blonde hair has been considerably receding of late.
But now I understand that Constantine will soon be appearing in DC Universe titles. There’s a possible appearance in Flashpoint:Lois Lane And The Resistance looking at the cover, but what I’m being told is a longlasting return to DC Universe continuity.
If nothing else, it might be good for his hairline.
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017