The first episode of TNT’s alien invasion show Falling Skies was premiered at Kapow. Now, a five minute clip from the very beginning of what we saw has turned up online. I suggest you consider watching that over at the big, flashy online brochure for the TNT summer season, and then read on for Little Bleeder Joseph Glass’ mini-review of the premiere installment.
Here’s Mr. Glass:
All in all, it looks like a good show. The effects were really well done for a TV production, and there’s a lot of interesting elements set up in the plot.
There are however a few weird plot holes: if the aliens are so good at killing people, how are hundreds of people able to walk around/sit around in daylight without getting exterminated?
All in all, it plays like a family-friendly Walking Dead. Not at all a bad thing, and Falling Skies certainly owes a lot to Walking Dead, with some scenes and set pieces being very familiar, but it still works at as a good show with it’s own feel, even if the subtext is pretty much the same.
Falling Skies could well do for sci fi what Walking Dead did for horror on TV, so I’ll be looking forward to it starting later this year.
My yet minier-review?
Anyway, I’ll just keep my eyes on the horizon, tracking the incoming new series of Doctor Who. That’s more my sort of thing.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014