So no wonder it only lasted fifteen issues, before it was dropped by DC Comics, and then forgotten. But this comedy of errors centred around a super-powered slacker and the trouble he attracts, has a small but loyal fan following.
And our day has come. In July, Dark Horse will publish the complete collection of the series, long denied us by DC. It helps that Arcudi and Mahnke are also a long time Dark Horse comics collaborators, including a sizeable stint on The Mask comic – which is probably how they got the Major Bummer gig in the first place.
The Complete Major Bummer Super Slacktacular will cost just shy of $30. I’ll be pre-ordering my copy. And grinning all over my fat stupid face.
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, Autumn 2017: Marvel and DC Comics - January 22, 2018
- 22-Page Preview of Blue Baron #1 with Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema – Another 64-Page $3.99 Sitcomic - January 22, 2018
- Petition for Geoff Johns to Make the Joker Gay “Again” - January 22, 2018
- Steve Geppi to Give the Keynote Speech at Diamond’s 2018 Retailer Summit – What Will He Say About 2017? - January 22, 2018
- Cable Artist Jon Malin on Nazis, Marvel, SJWs, X-Men… and Shell Beach - January 22, 2018