So no wonder it only lasted fifteen issues, before it was dropped by DC Comics, and then forgotten. But this comedy of errors centred around a super-powered slacker and the trouble he attracts, has a small but loyal fan following.
And our day has come. In July, Dark Horse will publish the complete collection of the series, long denied us by DC. It helps that Arcudi and Mahnke are also a long time Dark Horse comics collaborators, including a sizeable stint on The Mask comic – which is probably how they got the Major Bummer gig in the first place.
The Complete Major Bummer Super Slacktacular will cost just shy of $30. I’ll be pre-ordering my copy. And grinning all over my fat stupid face.
- Wizard World No Longer Taking Credit Cards For Tables And Booths – Cheques And Cash Only - January 21, 2017
- The Actual Supergirl Warns Donald Trump About Grabbing Her… - January 21, 2017
- John Watkiss, Artist On Sandman, Surgeon X, Ring Of Roses, Dies Aged 55 - January 21, 2017
- No One Give Tom Brevoort A Can Of Red Bull, Okay? - January 21, 2017
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017