It’s been a busy week of comics news around the internet, with two top publishers going through difficult times — Dark Horse lay offs earlier in the week and Tokyopop announcing the closure of its US operations today. Meanwhile, Dynamite has Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker, Major Bummer is collected, and Michael Bay has Sentinel Prime. Comics marches on:
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
So no wonder it only lasted fifteen issues, before it was dropped by DC Comics, and then forgotten. But this comedy of errors centred around a super-powered slacker and the trouble he attracts, has a small but loyal fan following.
Now, from Dynamite comes Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker, a violent, sexually, etc etc etc..
After rising on a manga boom in the noughties, the fourteen-year-old publisher of both Japanese reprint and US originated manga and mangaesque material has been laying off books and people for the last few years and now, according to The Beat, will be closing its doors at the end of May, although their German operation will be maintained to deal with TV, film and licensing rights.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Well, I think there’s always going to be room for The Dark Knight Returns, don’t you?
Here’s a good look at Sentinel Prime, Optimus Prime’s older and better. In Monsieur Michael Bay‘s upcoming Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Big Prime’s voice will be provided by Leonard Nimoy.
Well, if he’d waited he could have got Star Trek: The Next Generation: An XXX Parody. With a big budget, set in continuity, with lots of fanservice and a Captain Picard impersonator. Whose voice, sadly, is not up to the mark. But it does help hilarity. Enjoy…
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017
- Fantastic Four #52 CGC 9.4 Sets Record: Collectors Just Made A Big Bet On Black Panther - June 15, 2017
- Daredevil Battles Hitler – Jon Berk Collection Auction Session 2 - June 14, 2017
- Jon Berk Collection Session 1 Comic And Art Auction Highlights: Winning The Planet - June 13, 2017
- Jon Berk On The Vintage Comic And Art Collector’s Chase - June 13, 2017