The third Chronicles of Narnia film was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was definitely my preferred film of the three, and the production design and sets played some part in this. Acknowledging this, and with great respect for the craftsmen who design and build film sets and props, I thought it would be interesting to share this little tidbit…
So here’s a video of designer Barry Robison talking about the centrepiece boat, the Dawn Treader itself. Up first he explains what his basic design inspiration was, but he then starts to talk about some of the more subtle details…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeh9dLp_CAk
…and then it cuts off. In the middle of a sentence. Sorry about that.
Hopefully I’ll get a copy of the film before long, and I’ll be able to tell you what he says next. I’ve got a feeling he was just getting started. Nonetheless, his idea of embodying the cultures of Narnia in the craftsmanship of this one floating set, it’s a nice one.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014