It might add up to very little in the long run, but MGM are said to be currently very keen to net a big star for their Robocop reboot. If true, this suggests a budget, and maybe a mainstream skewing for the project. Discouraging?
The three names set on top of the list are apparently Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves. This is according to Moviehole, who don’t really leave a clue as to where the info came from. They’re nice guys at Moviehole, though, and I don’t want to be disbelieving.
I can understand the accountancy logic of having a known star in the role, but is this going to work with a helmeted, dehumanised face and distorted voice?
As we’ve previously reported, Jose Padilha is directing and Josh Zetumer is working on the script. Verhoeven’s original doesn’t seem like an easy film to improve through a radical overhaul, but more of a slightly mucky bronze that could use a bit of a polish.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014