It is quite frankly the most beautiful artwork I have seen Glenn Fabry produce to date. And that’s saying something. And there’s a lot of it.
This creator-owned comic was int ended to be published from Wildstorm, which left it in a little bit of limbo as far as I was concerned when the imprint was closed. Well, according to Glenn, Lot 13 is now to be a Vertigo original graphic novel and hopes it may be ready for Christmas.
UPDATE: Sadly Steve Niles says this is not the case and has confirmed it. There is clearly some miscommunication occurring here.
He talked through the art process, transforming his lines into coloured gradients and producing a very special look combining clarity, detail and gradient in a way I haven’t seen done quite so well before. It’s beautiful in a strange dark fashion. Enjoy…
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018