It is quite frankly the most beautiful artwork I have seen Glenn Fabry produce to date. And that’s saying something. And there’s a lot of it.
This creator-owned comic was int ended to be published from Wildstorm, which left it in a little bit of limbo as far as I was concerned when the imprint was closed. Well, according to Glenn, Lot 13 is now to be a Vertigo original graphic novel and hopes it may be ready for Christmas.
UPDATE: Sadly Steve Niles says this is not the case and has confirmed it. There is clearly some miscommunication occurring here.
He talked through the art process, transforming his lines into coloured gradients and producing a very special look combining clarity, detail and gradient in a way I haven’t seen done quite so well before. It’s beautiful in a strange dark fashion. Enjoy…
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017