It is quite frankly the most beautiful artwork I have seen Glenn Fabry produce to date. And that’s saying something. And there’s a lot of it.
This creator-owned comic was int ended to be published from Wildstorm, which left it in a little bit of limbo as far as I was concerned when the imprint was closed. Well, according to Glenn, Lot 13 is now to be a Vertigo original graphic novel and hopes it may be ready for Christmas.
UPDATE: Sadly Steve Niles says this is not the case and has confirmed it. There is clearly some miscommunication occurring here.
He talked through the art process, transforming his lines into coloured gradients and producing a very special look combining clarity, detail and gradient in a way I haven’t seen done quite so well before. It’s beautiful in a strange dark fashion. Enjoy…
- The Look Of London Film And Comic-Con From The Upper Gallery - July 28, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017