It is quite frankly the most beautiful artwork I have seen Glenn Fabry produce to date. And that’s saying something. And there’s a lot of it.
This creator-owned comic was int ended to be published from Wildstorm, which left it in a little bit of limbo as far as I was concerned when the imprint was closed. Well, according to Glenn, Lot 13 is now to be a Vertigo original graphic novel and hopes it may be ready for Christmas.
UPDATE: Sadly Steve Niles says this is not the case and has confirmed it. There is clearly some miscommunication occurring here.
He talked through the art process, transforming his lines into coloured gradients and producing a very special look combining clarity, detail and gradient in a way I haven’t seen done quite so well before. It’s beautiful in a strange dark fashion. Enjoy…
- Cheryl Blossom and Go-Bots Come to Local Comic Shop Day 2018 - September 19, 2018
- Betty & Veronica #1 Relaunch in Archie Comics December 2018 Solicits - September 19, 2018
- Emmie X All Systems Go and Black AF Devils Dye Launch in Black Mask December 2018 Solicits - September 19, 2018
- The Blasphemy of Batman: Damned #1 (Final Page Spoilers) - September 19, 2018
- Titan Comics Launch Breakneck and Tank Girl Action Alley in December 2018 Solicits - September 19, 2018