Tim Miller‘s history is in VFX. A quick look at his resume shows that he worked on both of Brian Singer’s X-Men movies, alongside such Bleeding Cool favourites as Babe: Pig in the City, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes.*
As such, I can see that he’s probably very good at what he does. Or, at least, what he has been doing. Up next, a new chapter, and here’s hoping he’s very good at that too, because Deadline say he’s been tasked with directing the Deadpool movie. For those a little confused, that’s the upcoming superhero film in which Ryan Reynolds will be wearing red.
We’ve learned a lot about this Deadpool project here at BC Towers (including which other Marvel characters have roles in the script), and our abiding impression is that, yes, it could be a something rather exciting. Silly, but exciting – thanks in no small part to the high-metabolism screenplay by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.
Debut films can tend to be very raw, and that wouldn’t seem inappropriate here, the truth be told. This is something of an anything-goes project, and really could use somebody full of energy and vim.
The signing of Miller would suggest that the film’s schedule is coming together, at least in principle. Presumably this will have knock-on effects for Ryan Reynolds’ other big projects, including R.I.P.D and any Green Lantern sequel. Indeed, we may already know about the first of these repercussions, as just tonight it was reported that Zach Galifianakis has left the R.I.P.D cast roster over scheduling concerns.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014