Kate Atherton writes for Bleeding Cool:
If you were to imagine anyone making a biopic of the Stooges, it might well be the Farrelly Brothers. It’s 17 years since Dumb and Dumber and The Three Stooges project has been on the Brothers’ minds for almost as long.
This week, Deadline revealed that Sean Hayes, of Will and Grace fame, has been picked to play Larry, joining Will Sasso (Sh*t My Dad Says) who will play Curly. That leaves only Moe. One wonders which TV star will be free.
Over the last ten to fifteen years, the life of The Three Stooges has taken some knocks as it has stubbornly resisted all efforts to lift it off the ground. According to Hitfix, Sean Penn, Johnny Knoxville, Benicio del Toro, Hank Azaria and James Marsden have all been associated with roles at one time or another but now, with TV rather than filmstars attached, the project may get made after all, in some shape or other.
Hopefully, it won’t be long before Moe is cast because filming is provisionally set to start this month, located on Rhode Island, with a release date scheduled for 2012.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015