Oh it’s on. Kapow finally release the final details of their show happening this weekend in Islington, London. And suddenly MCM London Expo in the Docklands jumps up and say “look at us!”
Bleeding Cool has already covered the passive aggressive war between the two London shows, but things had settled of late. But with Kapow continuing to claim that it’s bringing San Diego Comic Con to London, while MCM thinks that’s what they’d been doing the past few years, expect more of this.
MCM London announced their best ever ticket sales so far of 15,000 two months away from the show, against KaPow’s 11,000 – and note that MCM London count a weekend pass as one ticket while KaPow counts it as two. And, on past performance, MCM London are predicting total attendance as 60,000, 10,000 more than in October. In attendance-per-day that’s going to push it over 100,000 easily.
And as Kapow boast about their tie-in with IGN, MCM Expo tout their own deal with the level- pegging-ish Gamespot, claiming “As London’s Comic Con, we were already the UK’s leading show for comics, movies, anime and manga, and this partnership ensures that the Expo delivers the best games content as well.”
Or course while MCM boast they’ve got the writers of X-Men First Class and Thor, Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, Kapow has got the star actors Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston. And you all know who people queue for…
And there’s no news of what the MCM Green Lantern sponsorship will actually mean in terms of events.
All we can say is… it’s on!
I’ll be happily going to both shows of course.
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018