They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
Marvel Studios has launched their viral campaign for The Avengers with a recruitment video shown to select members of the press at WonderCon. You can check out the video below, which reveals the discovery of Thor’s iconic hammer Mjolnir. This commercial then points viewers to Joinshield.com.
Longtime graphic novel print broker Robert Conte’s Chikara Entertainment, which also offered book packaging and publishing consulting services, is closing today. Chikara’s accounts are being turned over to Steven Goff’s Global PSD. Conte cited personal reasons for the move.
The military, under the direction of General Sam Lane, uses kryptonite to power an experimental cyborg super solider named Metallo. He’s ultimately exploited as a weapon against Superman.
Dr. Horrible will always be a touchstone of web video’s early days: Its high-quality production values, high-caliber cast and catchy songs brought the idea of TV on the Internet into the mainstream. And it wasn’t just a creative success, but a financial one as well: Whedon’s $200,000 investment, a year later, had grossed $2.5 million according to Forbes, primarily thanks to iTunes and DVD sales.
Meanwhile, as for which film he should drop in on next, Lee offered up a suggestion: “I wonder why DC Comics doesn’t have me do a cameo in Batman? Just think how people would come to see that. They wouldn’t believe it.”
There wasn’t a lot of public stir on Jan. 2 when “Brenda Starr, Reporter” retired after 71 years on the newspaper-comics beat. In its heyday, the comic strip created by Dale Messick was a staple in 250 newspapers. Last year, it was in 65, with 36 of those international publications.
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018