Respectfully, We Informed You Of This… etc etc.
The New York Daily News is running this morning with the story that… okay, look, I’ll just write enough text so that the big spoiler won’t actually show on the front page of Bleeding Cool, so as to give people a chance, but seriously, odds are this will be all over the media well before you get to your comic shop to actually buy the comic where this is revealed.
And also Bleeding Cool already ran a story about this weeks ago, so the New York Daily News‘ claim of an excusive is a little off.
But according to the paper this morning, Steve Rogers will be returning to the identity of Captain America in regular Marvel Comics continuity, just in time for the big film.
As Bleeding Cool said, the book will relaunch with a new issue 1 and Ed Brubaker as writer.
What we didn’t say is that Civil War artist Steve McNiven will be drawing the book. Because that is a New York Daily News exclusive!
Marvel Senior VP Tom Brevoort is quoted as saying”Given that we are about to have a big Cap film and Cap’s going to be in front of more people and in more folks’ awareness than in any other time in recent memory, well, since we killed him, it would probably not be the worst thing in the world for him to be in the suit and carrying the shield at that point.”
Expect to see Captain America #1 by Brubaker and McNiven in July’s Previews.
- Preview of Marlon Bundo, John Oliver’s Response to VP Mike Spence - March 19, 2018
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018