Respectfully, We Informed You Of This… etc etc.
The New York Daily News is running this morning with the story that… okay, look, I’ll just write enough text so that the big spoiler won’t actually show on the front page of Bleeding Cool, so as to give people a chance, but seriously, odds are this will be all over the media well before you get to your comic shop to actually buy the comic where this is revealed.
And also Bleeding Cool already ran a story about this weeks ago, so the New York Daily News‘ claim of an excusive is a little off.
But according to the paper this morning, Steve Rogers will be returning to the identity of Captain America in regular Marvel Comics continuity, just in time for the big film.
As Bleeding Cool said, the book will relaunch with a new issue 1 and Ed Brubaker as writer.
What we didn’t say is that Civil War artist Steve McNiven will be drawing the book. Because that is a New York Daily News exclusive!
Marvel Senior VP Tom Brevoort is quoted as saying”Given that we are about to have a big Cap film and Cap’s going to be in front of more people and in more folks’ awareness than in any other time in recent memory, well, since we killed him, it would probably not be the worst thing in the world for him to be in the suit and carrying the shield at that point.”
Expect to see Captain America #1 by Brubaker and McNiven in July’s Previews.
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017