Respectfully, We Informed You Of This… etc etc.
The New York Daily News is running this morning with the story that… okay, look, I’ll just write enough text so that the big spoiler won’t actually show on the front page of Bleeding Cool, so as to give people a chance, but seriously, odds are this will be all over the media well before you get to your comic shop to actually buy the comic where this is revealed.
And also Bleeding Cool already ran a story about this weeks ago, so the New York Daily News‘ claim of an excusive is a little off.
But according to the paper this morning, Steve Rogers will be returning to the identity of Captain America in regular Marvel Comics continuity, just in time for the big film.
As Bleeding Cool said, the book will relaunch with a new issue 1 and Ed Brubaker as writer.
What we didn’t say is that Civil War artist Steve McNiven will be drawing the book. Because that is a New York Daily News exclusive!
Marvel Senior VP Tom Brevoort is quoted as saying”Given that we are about to have a big Cap film and Cap’s going to be in front of more people and in more folks’ awareness than in any other time in recent memory, well, since we killed him, it would probably not be the worst thing in the world for him to be in the suit and carrying the shield at that point.”
Expect to see Captain America #1 by Brubaker and McNiven in July’s Previews.
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018