Sean Gordon Murphy of Joe The Barbarian fame is currentoy working on two projects for DC/Vertigo, an American Vampire miniseries set in World War II, written by Scott Snyder, and his own original graphic novel that he’s been working on for four years and that avoided the recent Vertigo OGN cull. Punk Rock Jesus.
Murphy describes the work as “a major broadcasting company tried to do a reality show of Jesus Christ by cloning him from the Shroud of Turin. Mayhem ensues between different types of fans: religious people who love/hate the show, angry politicians worried about Jesus running for president one day, and scientists who morally appose cloning. Eventually the project collapses and the young clone has a breakdown when the show “eliminates” his mother because of ratings. He runs away, tells the world that he’s an atheist, and fights the power by starting a punk band, The Flack Jackets. His bodyguard is the witness to the whole epic, reminding him of his own IRA struggle in Belfast when he was young, fighting a different sort of power…”
- A New Superman Comic From Dan DiDio and Shane Davis? - June 25, 2018
- Simone Bianchi to Create Marvel Masterpieces Trading Card for Upper Deck - June 25, 2018
- Everything Wrong With Benedict Cumberbatch as Dominic Cummings in Channel 4 ‘Take Control’ Brexit Drama Screenshot - June 25, 2018
- Hellboy on Front of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Events Guide for 25th Anniversary - June 24, 2018
- A Barrage of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Covers for Volume 5 - June 24, 2018