Bleeding Cool has learned that at least one scene of Ridley Scott‘s upcoming Alien tie-in Prometheus will be filmed in and a round a ruined castle. Just compare and contrast that, for a moment, to the look and feel of Scott’s original Alien picture.
We expect that the castle ruins in question will be in the Scottish highlands – in actuality, we mean, not in the movie. It was reported recently that the film will be shooting up there in August and September of this year, which suggests the ruins sequence could take some time to film, and therefore be a substantial part of the movie.
Meanwhile, spy reports from Pinewood repeat that there are some very, very big sets being built and that they look much more in keeping with the aesthetic of Alien than any Highlands ruin. We’ve heard this directly, but you should also note that twitter user Daniel Sidi published the following, descriptive commentary:
I spotted some sets and props being built for Prometheus at Pinewood Studios. Looking good. Sorry, no photos ;o)
hard to be too descriptive, but the phrases ‘giger’, ‘corridors’, ‘intersecting tunnels’ and ‘organic forms’ spring to mind.
also, I must stress that I am not involved in prometheus IN ANY WAY. I just happened to be at Pinewood today on a different job
The current plan seems to be for Prometheus to launch next June. Can’t wait.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014