Japan Needs Heroes is a new Kickstarter comics project to raise money for the Japanese Red Cross. The funding will paty for the printing (at cost) and creators include
Aaron Williams,Benny Powell & Weilin Yang,Bill Walko,Brion Foulke,Chris Crosby & Owen Gieni, Cory Brown & Ran Brown, Courtney Huddleston, Dale Mettam and Matt Keltner, Dave Zero1 & Gisele Lagace, David Campiti, David Reddick, Gar Molloy, Genzoman, Jason M. Burns, Jennifer Brazas, Jinky Coranado, Ken Johnson, Mark McKenna, Rae Baade, Rob Haines & Jenny Sargent, Scott Story, Tarol Hunt and Tracy Bailey.
The Comic Book Alliance is launching a comic book called Spirit of Hope with Mike Allred cover and lots of familiar professional work, like the above piece by Chris Weston.
Genre for Japan is running a series of auctions, including signed proofs of Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman.
The Geek Girls Network is raising money for the Mercy Corps.
Ladbroke Radio is creating a fundraising audiobook of Japanese fairy stories that’s three and a half hours long.
We Love Japan are running a music and comedy concert in London on April 2nd with karaoke and cosplay.
43 big manga creators are having a big fundraising sale of work on April 3rd in Utsunomiya.
Heart Japan and J Pop are holding a manga/anime fundraiser at the Vibe bar in Brick Lane, London on April 20th and will, amongst many other things, be auctioning off original Bryan Lee O’Malley artwork.
We Heart Japan ran a comcs/manga/anime fundraiser at Meltdown Comics last week, with a repeat performance soon.
- Marvel Legacy Covers Without The Animation – The Old 52 – But No Captain America? - June 25, 2017
- 10 Rules For Hiring Indie Comics Artists - June 24, 2017
- Velveteen Rabbit Made Real With David Mack And A Full Orchestra - June 24, 2017
- Spreading The Anthology Love Through Kickstarter - June 24, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time – They Call Her Doctor Who! - June 24, 2017