A few years ago, DC sent my daughters a box of DC-related stuff. The opening of which is one of our funnier videos as the eldest one, Eve, summarily dismisses most of the contents. Since then she has returned to some of them, but now I’ve found something of DC’s that I know she would love.
It’s just that DC aren’t publishing it.
Lois Lane, Girl Reporter was a proposed series of young adult novels by Dean Trippe, John Campbell, Daniel Krall and DC editor Chris Cerasi.
Lois Lane, Girl Reporter follows the adventures of young Lois Lane. At eleven years old, Lois has discovered her calling: investigative journalism. She sets out to right wrongs and help out her friends. This series explores Lois’s character, reveals her surprising early influence on the future Man of Steel, and introduces fun new elements into this enduring character’s back story.
In each book, Lois will tackle a problem or mystery affecting the members of the community she finds herself in as she travels around the country. The investigations in this series will not be mystical or supernatural (though some characters may suspect such sources), but real world problems that Lois works to set right.
Basically Enid Blyton meets Nancy Drew meets Smallville. And there are character designs too.
And more art for the comic strips that would have appeared at the end of each book by Jemma Salume and Ming Doyle, respectively.
You can see the full pitch proposals including book synopses and examples of prose at Dean Trippe’s tumblr blog here.
Seriously DC, you have a few years to turn this around. Then my daughter will come gunning for you herself.
- DC Comics To Publish Batman Lost And Hawkman Found One-Shots For Dark Nights: Metal - June 23, 2017
- Greg Pak Is Joined By Hit Artists TBD And TBD For Weapon X Not-A-Relaunch For Marvel Legacy - June 23, 2017
- Antarctic Press Publishes ‘President Pence’, And Other Solicits For September 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Feel The Force of A New Jedi’s Effect On Advance Reorders - June 23, 2017
- Donny Cates’ Next Debut Comic To Follow God Country, Redneck And Babyteeth, Reactor And Other September 2017 Solicits From Vault - June 23, 2017